Sunday, August 28, 2011

Digital Art! Love it!!!

Well, I've always been a computer nerd of sorts, love computers since I was selling them way back in 1984 when the first Macintosh computer was born. I've always loved working with graphics, doing newsletters, cards, brochures, etc. and when Tam over at Willowing announced a Digital Art class, I signed up right away. The name of the class is "Digital Dreams".  I absolutely loved that class. Here are some of the pieces that I have created with my computer. Some of them are "mixed media" in the sense that they contain my original hand made art and some of them were created solely on the computer.

These first two were from Lesson One. The first one was an introduction to different tools in the software. I have created all of these using Photoshop Elements 9 on my Apple Computer. The second one has one of my "hand made" pieces incorporated into it. The little chicken was made with the help of my daughter, Tammy and the "butterfly brushes" were made from a piece of my art.


The next three pieces were from Week 2, working with more tools and incorporating our own "hand made" art.





Then came Week Three where we started drawing on the computer.



And FInally Week Four where we drew a girl on the computer. What a fun class!!!




Our Final Week Five and Finished Project


Well, that's it for this weekend. Had a lot of catching up to do.  See you soon!

3 comments:

patricias fabric art said...

All of these pieces are lovely-I would love to try digital art but I have'nt a clue about any of it.Do you need to buy software(is that the word!!) to do it and if so is it expensive Terry?

Terry said...

I don't know if you will see this, Mary, so I am also posting on Hands and Heart.

patricias fabric art said...

Yes Terry-I'm here!-but I don't know much about computers and I would be afraid to invest big money on softwear and then not use it