Sunday, August 28, 2011

Strathmore Art Journal Workshop

This summer, I took some free workshops offered by Strathmore Artist Papers. They make wonderful art journals and the classes were another great experience. I created a few pages and then got involved in another project. Sometimes I have too many things going on!

The first two pieces were made with previous drawings (paintings) and other pieces of collage. These classes all help when having a rough time trying to create something different.



For the piece below, I made a tiny rubber stamp for the leaves on the tree. The teenager on the left represents my oldest Granddaughter and the painting (sketch) on the right was done from a photo of my Daughter on her 40th Birthday. The words in the second paragraph were taken from a picture that our Daughter gave us when she moved away from home.


No comments: